1. What is a PND?
A Personal Navigation Device is a portable navigation system that can be put in any car, motorcycle or bicycle. It is not connected to the vehicle’s electric system and therefore easily exchangeable.
2. Where do I find the information on the software version?
The current software version can be found in the system menu “Settings – System”.
3. Can I listen to the music during the guidance?
No, for your safety, our navigation system does’t support listening to the music during the guidance. If you want to enjoy music, you are supposed to pull over your car in a safe place.
4. The device does not show any satellites, what can I do?
The GPS signal can be blocked by heated windscreen or tinted windscreens with a vacuum-metalized surface. In this case you will need an external GPS antenna.
5. When do I calibrate the screen?
Under the malfunction of the screen, you can calibrate the screen through the “Setting – system – calibration”.
6. How does the GPS work?
GPS satellites circle the earth twice a day in a very precise orbit and transmit signal information to earth. GPS receivers take this information and use triangulation to calculate the user’s exact location. Essentially, the GPS receiver compares the time a signal was transmitted by a satellite with the time it was received. The time difference tells the GPS receiver how far away the satellite is. Now, with distance measurements from a few of GPS receiver must be locked on to the signal of at least three satellites to calculate a 2D position (latitude and longitude) and track movement. With four or more satellites in view, the receiver can determine the user’s 3D position (latitude, longitude and altitude). Once the user’s position has been determined, the GPS unit can calculate other information, such as speed, bearing, track, trip distance, distance to destination, sunrise and sunset time and more satellites, the receiver can determine the user’s position and display it on the unit’s electronic map.
7. How about the accuracy of a GPS?
Today’s GPS receivers are extremely accurate, thanks to their parallel multi-channel design. Certain atmospheric factors and other sources of error can affect the accuracy of GPS receivers. Generally, users will see accuracy within 5 to 10 meters (16 to 33 feet) under normal conditions.
8. What thing can effect the accuracy of GPS?
Factors that can degrade the GPS signal, and thus affect accuracy, include the following:
· Ionosphere and troposphere delays ? The GPS signal slows as it passes through the atmosphere.
· The GPS signal is reflected off objects such as tall buildings or large rock surfaces before it reaches the receiver.
· Orbital errors, also known as ephemeris errors, these are inaccuracies of the satellite’s reported location.
· Poor satellite visibility, the more satellites a GPS receiver can “see”, the better the accuracy. GPS units typically will not work indoors, underwater, or underground
9. What should I care when the first orietnation?
For the first orietnation, you must go to an open place without upper shelter, and wait for patiently.
10. What is the average lifetime of the Lio-ion battery?
The average lifetime of this battery type is more than 1000 charge/discharge cycles. This is however highly dependent of how the battery is used.
11. What is the hot startup, warm startup, cold startup of GPS?
Hot startup: the startup of less than 2 hours from last orientation.
Warm startup: the startup of more than 2 hours from last orientation.
Cold startup: the followings is cold startup: first usage; the loss of the Almanac caused by exhaust of the battery. the receiver is moved more than 1000 kilometers under power off. Sometimes there is something wrong with the software, you need cold startup by GPSviewer.
12. 2D or 3D coordinate?
The plane position,for example: latitude and longitude, is called 2D coordinate, at least need 3 satellites to fix the 2D coordinate. If the satellites are blocked by the trees、mountain or architectures, you can only get the 2D coordinate.The latitude、longitude and velocity is called 3D coordinate, to get that at least need 4 satellites. Nowaday, almost all GPS receivers can offer the 3D coordinate.
13. How to upgrade GPS?
There are two ways to upgrade the GPS:
1. SD card.
2. special software.
14. How many is the baud rate of our GPS?
15. How about silk-screen?
Silk-screen is a kind of printing on the housing of the GPS, with it you can make your product more beautiful. we can do it perfectly according to your unique design.
16. How about the WinCE label?
WinCE label is to prove that the utilization of the WINDOWS is permited by Microsoft. This labels must buy from the Microsoft or his agent. So our quotation exclude such cost.
17. Which certificate can we offer?
We can offer the following certificates without cost: CE RoHS FCC.
18. How to test a GPS?
Testing a GPS is a complicated work, you need pay more attention.
First, you have to look the appearance of the device to ascertain the followings is right or in good condition:
Second power on the device to test the function, the followings you must pay more attention:
1. The indicator of the power whether or not under normal condition.
2. All jacks on the housing whether or not in good connection.
3. The SD card insertion and pulling out the slot is whether or not smooth.
4. To test the function of the photo/ebook/video/music to check:
(1) The effect of the displaying
(2) The effect of the voice
(3) Touch the icon showing on the screen to test the function
(4) According the manual to test the setting
(5) Test the GPS: insert the map card into the device, then start the map.
Go to outside to test the receiption of the GPS signal. then make sure the following function normal:
(1) Receive the signal and orientation is gotten.
(2) The map works smoothly.
19. How to test the maps?
Maps is applied software for the GPS guidance, Before you use it, you must test it according to the manual.
The following points is important:
1. To test the reception of GPS signal with map,you go to outside, power on the device, start the map and put the device horizontally, if you got fixed, the map will show your present position and satellites signal status.
2. Simulation guidance, almost all the maps have simulation function which can teach you how to use the map and show you the effcet of the simulation guidance, you will have a preview before the real utilizing.
3. To enter the in formation on POI, save those infromation, then search such infromation and edit them.